How one could 'hypothetically' make plastic explosives

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How one could 'hypothetically' make plastic explosives

Post by PuppetMaster on Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:46 pm

In my day, I was quite involved with explosives and fire.. like any angst filled teen..
anyways I had access to various chemicals, and a fair amount of knowledge of chemistry (for my age) so i decided to experiment (the dumbest thing ever, i was the king of dumbfuckistan) But anyways i still have all my figures, and a vast knowledge of explosives.
For this thead, i will explain how to make plastic explosives, which are probably the most efficient explosives you can make easily. I bring this up now because zaffron was curious as to how to make them.

Ingredients/equipment: 1) heat source, preferably a hotplate. 2) A hydrometer, or battery hydrometer 3) Potassium chloride(sold as a salt substitute at health and nutrition stores) 4)A large Pyrex, or enameled steel container (to weigh chemicals) 5) Bleach 6) distilled water 7) Vaseline Cool regular wax 9)white gas (coleman camping fuel)

Procedure: Take about a gallon of bleach, and heat. Weigh out 63 grams of potassium chloride and
add this to the bleach being heated. Repeatedly check the solution with the hydrometer until you get a 1.3 reading. (if you are using a battery hydrometer, heat until it reads FULL CHARGE.

Next, take the solution and cool it in the refrigerator until the temperature is bellow room temp.

Filter out all the crystals, then boil, cool, filter again. Filter and save all crystals.

take the crystals mix them with distilled water and boil 56 grams per 100 milliliters distilled water. Filter out the crystals and save them.

melt five parts Vaseline with five parts wax. Dissolve this in white gasoline pour this liquid on 90 parts
potassium chlorate. mix thoroughly with your hands! let the gas evaporate.

now let it cool in a safe play with no other chemicals around it. Best start with small pieces so you can get used to it but i find 1.3g pieces work the best (you can clump them together)
dip them in melted wax until completely waterproof. now you have your plastic explosives. Go hypothetically blow up a bank vault..

I can also post other explosives such as easy pipebombs, nitroglycerin, household bombs like orange juice gasoline bomb. Or submit a better how to for a text file if it generates enough interest.

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How one could 'hypothetically' make plastic explosives

Post by Norman on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:14 pm

PuppetMaster wrote:[ orange juice gasoline bomb

There is no such thing. Don't over embellish your posts for self gratification.

Norman
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rudeboy on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:16 pm

How interesting, and yet. . .

Fractional Crystalization of Potassium Chlorate
by ALLUPNYA
NOTICE: TO ALL CONCERNED Certain text files and messages contained on this site deal with activities and devices which would be in violation of various Federal, State, and local laws if actually carried out or constructed. The webmasters of this site do not advocate the breaking of any law. Our text files and message bases are for informational purposes only. We recommend that you contact your local law enforcement officials before undertaking any project based upon any information obtained from this or any other web site. We do not guarantee that any of the information contained on this system is correct, workable, or factual. We are not responsible for, nor do we assume any liability for, damages resulting from the use of any information on this site.

One of the most easily made and powerful explosives are Potassium Chlorate. It can be easily made in the “safety” of one’s home. You will need the following:

Materials: • Weight Scale
• Pyrex
• Hot plate (or some kind of heat source)
• Hydrometer

Ingredients:
• Potassium Chloride
• Bleach

Sources of Potassium Chloride:
• It is sold as a salt substitute almost everywhere

Procedure:

1. First, you need to boil 1 gallon of bleach. Weight out 63 grams of potassium chloride and add it to the bleach. Check the solution with your hydrometer until you get a charge of 1.3, if your using a battery hydrometer than you will get a reading of FULL.

2. Let solution cool in your refrigerator until it cools down between room temperature and 32ø Fahrenheit. Now you will see small crystals, filter them out, save them. Boil them again, and filter out the crystals and save them.

3. Now mix your remaining crystals with distilled water in a ration of 56 grams per 100 milliliters of distilled water. Heat this until it boils. Allow to cool. Filter and save the crystals. This should be pure potassium chlorate.

Potassium Chlorate is a powerful oxidizer and is a prime ingredient in a number of explosive recipes. It is also used to make plastic explosives. Potassium Chloride can be found by the spices in grocery stores.

The Rudeboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Yeah thats basically it, where did you find that?

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rudeboy on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:31 pm

Old &T, when I was 15 years old.

The Rudeboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:32 pm

Oh, yeah, well I didn't see one on the new &T, and i started making these around them probably a bit younger but w/e.

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kingofsin on Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:41 pm

white beady Styrofoam, gasoline, napalm, I wait till its a bit hard then I remove some of the powder in firecrackers and replace ti with my own stuff, blows off locks pretty good nothing to powerful but if you want to make it like that, then go for it.

kingofsin
2otsean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Norman on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:01 pm

kingofsin wrote:white beady Styrofoam, gasoline,

Which is poor mans napalm, which is a slow burning hard to put out fire, not an explosive.

napalm, I wait till its a bit hard then I remove some of the powder in firecrackers and replace ti with my own stuff, blows off locks pretty good nothing to powerful but if you want to make it like that, then go for it.
I don't even know what you're talking about.

Norman
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kingofsin on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:04 pm

basicly make poor mans napalm, take a paper clip and remove some of the powder in a firecracker, take the homemade napalm and place it in the area where you removed the powder, add abit more too it then, when you light the firecracker it would be a small bang but this this, it will be the same bang but more concentration

kingofsin
2otsean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:06 pm

Hes right, it does work
its good for throwing at doors and such.

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:14 pm

kingofsin wrote:basicly make poor mans napalm, take a paper clip and remove some of the powder in a firecracker, take the homemade napalm and place it in the area where you removed the powder, add abit more too it then, when you light the firecracker it would be a small bang but this this, it will be the same bang but more concentration

And you can have fun burning the mutilated bodies lulz

Punisher
2otsean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:17 pm

^ dont forget to harvest the blood first!

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stormyweathers on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:45 pm

this is bullshit
nitrate hexamine to make RDX
real plastic explosives

hexamine is less than 10 bux a poound

Back to top Go down

Post by HUNTER on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Norman wrote:
PuppetMaster wrote:[ orange juice gasoline bomb

There is no such thing. Don't over embellish your posts for self gratification.

So what is it, 50/50 mix of concentrated frozen orange juice to gas
scratch

HUNTER
2otsean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:03 pm

No i was half joking. I believe you can make a soft of 'napalm' with it, but it wont explode.
I have never tried it.. personally, i would just mix Styrofoam plates with gasoline if i ever need napalm.. i dont know why i would though.

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HUNTER on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:41 pm

ahh, yes. The need has to be dire and desperate.

HUNTER
2otsean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Rudeboy on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Mixing orange juice concentrate with gasoline does NOTHING. Stop referencing Fight Club for God's sake. Shit Puppet Master you are a mod don't type this shit publicly.

The Rudeboy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kingofsin on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:45 pm

The Rudeboy wrote:Mixing orange juice concentrate with gasoline does NOTHING. Stop referencing Fight Club for God's sake. Shit Puppet Master you are a mod don't type this shit publicly.
since when was he a mod

kingofsin
2otsean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitztide on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:59 pm

stormyweathers wrote:this is bullshit
real plastic explosives

see this is the best way, you get issued it by the army Very Happy
also it is more stable then most of the normal 'plastic explosives' that people make at home..
however it needs a starting charge which could consist of just a French banger which can be obtained easily from friends.

Blitztide
2otsean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ninefingers on Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Get some of those sticky mouse traps and dissolve them in gas or something. Mix with your favorite explosive about 90:10 exp/trap goop. Mix with old spoon, (don't touch it, it is tenacious); then let solvent evaporate. Might take a few days; so do outside. Will make a plastic, sticky explosive.

ninefingers
New Arrival

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:17 am

The Rudeboy wrote:Mixing orange juice concentrate with gasoline does NOTHING. Stop referencing Fight Club for God's sake. Shit Puppet Master you are a mod don't type this shit publicly.

Theres something wrong with this statement... hmm. scratch

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TACP_REAPER on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:32 pm

so what would set off these "plastic explosives"? would fuse work or would I need to find blasting caps?

TACP_REAPER
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:16 am

No, like C4 (a more advanced explosive than this, but nearly the same) lighting it, would just make it burn slowly. It needs to be un gas for to explode, which can be caused by a primary explosive. If it is just lit, it will burn slowly.
For a primary explosive, im sure just jamming a m80 into the explosive and adding a MUCH longer wick would do the trick.
I used a firework I made, which was a little smaller than an m80.
It was 70%flash powder 30% black powder in a shell i made.

For a delayed with, i used my famous watch bomb. Basically i attach a wire to the minute hand, than put a sire on the 12 hour. I attach a battery to it and then something that will light when the current is complete at the other by the wick. When the minute hand (starting at 1) gets to 12, it completes the circuit and lights the wick then KA-FUCKING-BOOM (haha)

I can go into further detail with the watch timer if you'd like, but there are much better ways like an egg time delayed detonator and what not.. I just like my watch method because I came up with it in middle school or something.. grade 7 or 8 i believe lol. Sense then I have developed better methods, but never really need to use Plastic explosives for anything other than kicks right now.

EDIT: 70:30 Thank you atomiccannon.. haha.

Last edited by PuppetMaster on Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAtomicCannon on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:46 am

do you mean 80:20 or 70:30?

TheAtomicCannon
New Arrival

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by static tim on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:34 am

Thermite+bonding agent(Play-Doh,silly putty etc.)=Opened door, ruined engine etc.

static tim

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TACP_REAPER on Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:47 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Ragnars-Homemade-Detonators-Salvage-Detonate/dp/0873647378/ref=pd_sim_b_1

I recommend this book to you puppet master

TACP_REAPER
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:49 am

Lmfao.. how thoughtful REAPER.. lol
maybe i'll check it out... or continue on with what i do.. if i ever need an elaborate detonator, i'll look it up.. for now, fuses from canonfuse.com work well.. and my retarded egg timer and watch timer.. hahaha

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfToCub on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:49 am

stormyweathers wrote:this is bullshit
real plastic explosives

Have you ever made RDX from hexamine?

WolfToCub
Acolyte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:46 am

Yes, RDX will make a much larger, more effective plastic explosive; but because it is the active explosive in C4 which is the most commonly used demolition charge.
This is a simplified form of a plastic explosive, more like component A, rather than C. If you want to make military grade RDX for C4, go a head, but I for one dont want to spends weeks trying to find all the chemicals. You will need chemicals such as Nitric Acid, Acetone, Hexamin and others too.

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stormyweathers on Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:55 pm

i could find them in 2 hrs
lrn2google

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:38 pm

Orly, teech me how 2google.
and whats interwebz?derp.

There's a difference between knowing where something is, and being able to buy it.

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ludwiggiozer on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:26 pm

PuppetMaster wrote:No, like C4 (a more advanced explosive than this, but nearly the same) lighting it, would just make it burn slowly. It needs to be un gas for to explode, which can be caused by a primary explosive. If it is just lit, it will burn slowly.
For a primary explosive, im sure just jamming a m80 into the explosive and adding a MUCH longer wick would do the trick.
I used a firework I made, which was a little smaller than an m80.
It was 70%flash powder 30% black powder in a shell i made.

For a delayed with, i used my famous watch bomb. Basically i attach a wire to the minute hand, than put a sire on the 12 hour. I attach a battery to it and then something that will light when the current is complete at the other by the wick. When the minute hand (starting at 1) gets to 12, it completes the circuit and lights the wick then KA-FUCKING-BOOM (haha)
could you make a thread about conventional and electronic timers?
could you make a thread about timers? electric or conventional

I can go into further detail with the watch timer if you'd like, but there are much better ways like an egg time delayed detonator and what not.. I just like my watch method because I came up with it in middle school or something.. grade 7 or 8 i believe lol. Sense then I have developed better methods, but never really need to use Plastic explosives for anything other than kicks right now.

EDIT: 70:30 Thank you atomiccannon.. haha.

ludwiggiozer
Totsean

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stormyweathers on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:22 pm

PuppetMaster wrote:Orly, teech me how 2google.
and whats interwebz?derp.

There's a difference between knowing where something is, and being able to buy it.

none of those chemicals are really regulated

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Alright, than do that.

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stormyweathers on Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:20 pm

^ dont need to,
I have no interest in explosives as of now, too busy
but that nitration is a very simple process that is pretty easy to follow

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:55 am

I was suggesting it to anyone who might be interested.
But yeah..

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TACP_REAPER on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:58 pm

hey puppet... I am looking to make a coffee can size batch of this stuff... any idea on what the effects would be with that much? Also, approximatly how much potassium chloride and bleach I would need to accomplish the desired amount?

TACP_REAPER
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:05 am

If i just did the math in my head.. you'd need 8+ batches of the prescribed amount..

A coffee container wouldn't be a good idea.. an explosive the size of your fist will work the best, if its a thick wall, have a secondary charge.

What are you trying to do? plastic explosives might not be the best rout to take if you need that amount.. unless you're just stockpiling..

But yeah, i'd say about 8x that.. not positive, i dont know the size of the coffee cans these days.. Potassium chloride is difficult to find though..

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TACP_REAPER on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:15 am

how much with your prescibed amount does it yield?
someone made a mistake and fucked with the wrong veteran and his family...
I am looking to see how much explosive it actually takes to dismantle a car...
I was going to start with a coffee can amount, the older ones that are about 4 inch diameter...

TACP_REAPER
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:20 am

OHHH 4 inches.. i was thinking the massive 4 gallon or something ones..
Well than about 4-6 i think..
that much could dismantle a car.. but if this is for anti personal or defense, i would ammonium nitrate/diesel bomb.. massive explosion, powerful, deadly, but hard to control.
Black powder pipebombs with BBs are really good to..

Plastic explosives are more fore demolition.

Experiment with it though, I cant really give you an exact amount, but i think a coffee can amount could take apart a car nice if you laid the charges right. Don't double up recipes if you want to make more.. do the same recipe as many times as you need to.. and i think approximately 6 should do..

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TACP_REAPER on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:31 am

fantastic sir.... you are a champion

also for initiating charges, I was thinking powder from launching charge from 500g mortar shells packed into a metal pen top...
but thats still being worked out

TACP_REAPER
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:36 am

Try it, you might want to put it in something stronger than a pen top.. like s half inch pipe.. however long you need to fit the powder in snugly then clamp it too..
the plastic just isn't quite hard enough, but im sure it could work.

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfToCub on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:43 am

You probably should wear a gas/face mask while boiling that bleach... Last time I checked getting bleach inside ya isn't very healthy.

PuppetMaster, please be honest... Have you ever made/used this recipe?

I don't want some poor bloke getting fucked up because you wanted to feel cool for knowing about explosives or something. It's not a personal attack on you, I just want to make sure you understand your responsibilities posting info like this you know?

Could you elaborate on the dangers of this method of production?

WolfToCub
Acolyte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TACP_REAPER on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:45 am

yeah I was afraid of that, lol thats why it was being worked out

**this was written while wolf posted... i'm not scared of popping off a finger... or two...

TACP_REAPER
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:54 am

Yeah i've made it.. just one batch though.
I did it with a hotplate in a workshop though.. there were vents. I must admit, the smell of bleach is strong, but not enough to kill you, its no phosphene gas but it will be uncomfortable and can cause you to pass out if you're not careful. I wouldn't say use a gas mask, just in a ventilated area.

Dangers are minimal.. this wont combust without a detonating charge, if it is lit, it will just burn.. (like how paper burns)
The bleach will evaporate and if you're in a small room with no ventilation you will probably pass out, but because it has a strong odor im sure you'd leave before that.

Realistically, making this type of plastic explosive has few if any real dangers. RDX will have more, just because of the chemicals you'll be using. Other than that, nothing for making it.. Detonating it presents different, obvious dangers though.

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfToCub on Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:57 am

Sweeeeeeeeeet pirat

WolfToCub
Acolyte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TACP_REAPER on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:00 am

so why only one batch? take too long for the payoff? about how strong would you rate this?
1 being fire cracker - 20 being c-4

TACP_REAPER
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:02 am

Hmm.. well thats hard, lol I hate scales..
maybe if 20 is just C4, than 11-13 probably..

By one batch i mean I only made it once.. i made a few batches.. but like I said, dont double up recipes, it can go bad i believe.

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TACP_REAPER on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:21 am

it will be used fairly soon after being produced...
so for humor, would a half fist sized ball on a propane tank have some fun factor involved

TACP_REAPER
Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PuppetMaster on Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:24 am

Hell yes.. pirat

EDIT: wait.. make sure if its full to stand AT LEAST 50 feet back.

PuppetMaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top